The recent increase in “bullycide” cases and bully-related lawsuits against professionals and school systems has raised numerous legal, educational and ethical issues, and elevated the topic of bullying to the forefront of public discourse. “Bullying Raises Questions on School Vigilance” read one recent headline. “Whose Job Should It Be to Stop Bullies?” read another, “Readers Recount Bullying’s Lingering Pain” was the headline on yet another article – with input from hundreds of bullying victims and their loved ones.
- Programs, Strategies, Recommendations and Resources Related to Specific Types of Bullying
- Long-Term Effects of Bully Victimization
- Cyberbullying: Research Findings and Implications
- Identify Popular Online Environments Among Adolescents and Recognize Various Forms of Cyberbullying
- Understand the Potential Emotional, Psychological, and Behavioural Consequences of Cyberbullying
- Texting/Sexting Addiction and It’s Exploitation in Bullying
- Bullycide: Trends and Preventions
- Research-Based Information
- Empowering the Bystanders
- Building a Strong Case for Implementing Comprehensive Bully-Prevention In Schools – Overcoming Resistance
- Important Realizations from Cases of Extreme Bullying
- Common Mistakes Professionals Make with Bullying (and How to Avoid Making Them)
- Innovative Bully-Prevention Strategies, Lessons and Activities
- Creative Approaches to Challenging Cases of Bullying
- School-wide Bully Interventions
- Identify the Best Prevention and Response Strategies for Educators, Parents, and other Youth-Serving Adults
- Identify Warning Signs of Cyberbullying Victimization or Offending
- Legal Issues and Implications Every Educator Should Know
- Discovering the Real Source of Internal Hostility and Meanness in Some Young People
- Recommended Resources
- And Much More!
This international conference will bring together professionals throughout North America to focus on the many forms of youth bullying. Attending this conference will help you understand the latest research and intervention strategies surrounding bullying. It will also enable you to network with hundreds of educational and other youth-helping professionals focused on the topic of eliminating bullying and preventing its disastrous consequences.